Your wedding is one of the most important events of your life. The memories (and photos) of that day will last a lifetime. Travis Shaw MD offers customizable Bridal Beauty Plans to help you look and feel your absolute best on your big day.
To make it easier, we have broken things down into a basic guideline that you can follow. Here’s how to schedule your treatments and what to consider, starting from a year before your wedding day!
Our experts, Master Aesthetician Franki and Master Injector Whitney, both offer complimentary consultations that will assist you in your treatment timeline. We want to make your esthetic needs stress free by creating a custom combination of pre-wedding treatments that will enhance your appearance and instill that confidence you are desiring.
Once you have completed your consultation you will meet with our Patient Care Coordinator, Cori to create your customized bridal beauty plan.
Ideally, we recommend consultations be scheduled 9-12 months prior for your customized treatment plan to allow you to achieve your best results. However, should you find you do not have this much time to devote, we can customize treatments for you as well.
Don’t forget to mention the time of year you’re getting married (this includes your honeymoon plans). Extreme heat or cold, sun exposure, and wind chill can all negatively affect the skin when receiving deep chemical peels, dermaplaning, microneedling with growth factors and laser treatments.
“If you are having a fall wedding, you will want to avoid laser skin rejuvenation or deep chemical peels in June and focus more on skin tightening and lighter, more superficial chemical peels.
Remember, these are just suggested timelines. Skin types are truly unique to each of us so we will need different treatments scheduled in different successions.
Below are some of the non-invasive services combined with medical grade skincare that will give you that WOW factor for your big day:
9-12 Months Before (At this stage, you can undergo treatments that require downtime)
- Aesthetic/Cosmetic Consultation: Schedule your consultation via text or phone. You will meet with our team to create a customized plan to discuss your pre-wedding goals. During this first visit, we want to narrow down exactly what results you want by the end—lustrous skin? Calm down any redness? Reduce shine in your T-zone? Wrinkles in your forehead? Larger lips? Be specific!
- Commit to Your Skin: We will include a routine that consists of ZO Health medical grade skincare that will best fit into your lifestyle and budget. This will help get your skin healthy and radiant for one of the most important days of your life. When creating this skincare regimen, we will address your skin condition, texture and pore size, wrinkles, hydration and acne.
*We recommend starting the treatments below 9-12 months prior to wedding day as they take a series of 3-6 treatments:
- Laser Hair Removal – Leave your razor at home! Laser hair removal provides a long-term reduction in unwanted hair. A series of treatments, scheduled 6-8 weeks apart, is required to reach maximum results.
- Kybella –This works wonders on submental (double chin)
- Sculpsure – Feel Good about your body! Fit in your wedding gown like you have always wanted with natural looking body contouring for abdomen, flanks, submental (chin), “bra fat”
- Microneedling – This works for just about everyone. It treats various scars, wrinkles and large pores on the face
- Tempsure – Non-invasive radio frequency to tighten loose skin on the face and body
- Co2 Laser Resurfacing – Helps reduce wrinkles, age spots, acne scars and other blemishes as well as tighten skin
- Deep Chemical Peel – This jump starts the skin’s exfoliation process and encourages faster skin cell turnover—which means blemish-free, smooth, and glowing skin!
- Vitalia – Helps women gain control and confidence to treat vaginal laxity, urinary incontinence and dryness with no down time
6 Months Before (You still have time for some skin rejuvenating treatments but at this point you want to focus on treatments that help maximize your results)
- Dermal Fillers: Fillers can enhance your lips and cheeks, replace lost volume, smooth smile and/or frown lines, and fill in scar depressions, including acne scars
- PDO Thread Lift – Safe, absorbable threads to lift, contour, and suspend loose skin
- Sculptra – Dermal filler that helps correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds over a series of treatments
- Wrinkle Relaxer (Botox/Dysport) – Helps achieve smooth, wrinkle-free skin between the eyebrows, forehead, and crow’s feet (lasts approximately 3-4 months)
- RF Microneedling – Have age and sun exposure damaged your complexion? As we all know, age is most commonly accompanied by wrinkles, large pores, and other skin issues. What is often overlooked is the effect of sun exposure on one’s skin. Those of us who enjoy the outdoors can attest to finding deeper and more prominent signs of aging tarnishing our complexion. If you want to return to a younger, natural state of beauty, we offer the best sun damage treatment in the form of Vivace RF Microneedling. This FDA-approved skin rejuvenation device is designed to return radiance to your skin without making it look overdone.
- Chemical Peels – Wanting to get rid of unwanted pigmentation or melasma? We begin you with a series of medium depth peels then advance you to deeper peels
- Smooth and Glowing Skin – If you haven’t started a good skincare regimen, it’s time to begin with ZO Skin Health. A skin care regimen should be established supporting brighter, clearer, healthier and younger-looking skin on a daily basis from home.
- Gorgeous, Full Lashes: If you haven’t started Grande Lash, now is a good time. It takes 3 months to see the full effects. This treatment will grow eyelashes, making them longer and thicker.
You are almost there! Now it’s time to focus on treatments you have already received and try not to introduce anything new into your regimen!
1 Month Before (Your last treatments should help deliver that bridal glow-avoid anything intense and focus on treatments and products that nourish your skin)
- Wrinkle Relaxer (Botox/Dysport) – Schedule any appointments for Botox at least two weeks prior to your wedding-just in case there is any redness or bruising
- Dermal Fillers- Diminishes fine lines, wrinkles and folds to give them a natural looking fullness that makes skin appear radiant and more youthful
- Plumper Pout: Fillers give lips a full, natural looking enhancement. It’s advised to have lip enhancement at least 1 month before you say “I do”. Initially there can be swelling. You may want to refrain from kissing for a few days!
- Microchanneling – This amazing procedure offers incredible looking results in just a matter of minutes without any downtime. It works via a precise and even placement of “micro” amounts of Dr. Shaw’s proprietary blend of Botox, dermal fillers, vitamins, antioxidants, and growth factors directly onto the upper layer of your skin. When applied, this mixture provides you with a radiant, plump, and evenly toned complexion.
- Microdermabrasion- A minimally invasive procedure used to renew skin tone and texture. The beauty of this treatment is its impressive versatility. It has been shown to be effective in reducing signs of sun damage, wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, acne scarring, melasma, and other skin-related concerns. This treatment option is adaptable to a variety of skin textures and needs. You will see immediate skin rejuvenation but several treatment sessions are often required for best results.
1 Week Before – The last week before your wedding is all about you (Find time to relax and unwind and get that last minute, glowing skin for your perfect day)
- Hydrafacial – Our HydraFacial treatments work quickly to exfoliate the skin and improve textural irregularities caused by acne and improper healing. Through a patented 3-step process, HydraFacials cleanse, hydrate, and protect your skin. This treatment is a relaxing, painless experience where your skin will be pampered and delicately cleansed of harmful substances. Following your treatment, you will notice an immediate result in the form of radiant, glowing skin. This state typically lasts between 5-7 days or even longer in some cases. Ask for an add on Dermaplane to compliment this!
- Dermaplaning- A little procedure that goes a long way in improving skin texture. The treatment involves the gentle removal of the outermost layer of dead skin cells and vellus hair (peach fuzz) on the surface of your skin. This method of controlled “scraping” is safely performed by using a sterile, disposable surgical blade. The procedure is done to improve skin smoothness and texture. In addition, dermaplaning has been shown to decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, increase serum absorption, and facilitate mechanical exfoliation.
- Lash Brow Tint – Brow and eyelash tinting uses semi-permanent dye to add color, shape and thickness to dull eyebrows and lashes in need of some new life. Eyelash tinting gives added definition and makes mascara unnecessary until the tint fades or the tinted eyelashes fall out and new ones grow in. You can still wear mascara for a more dramatic effect!
These timelines can apply to Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom and Bridal Party. And….. don’t forget the men-they love “Brotox”.
Congratulations! You did it! Our team of experts will have you looking radiant when you say, “I Do!”